Artists from top left clockwise: Maria-Victoria Ilnytska, Irene Apon, Mitali Banerjee, Fardos Aissa and Vasudha Tiwari
We are all artists who have been benefitted by the work of the Edmonton Multicultural Coalition directly or indirectly. We share both our love of art and our interest in people from around the world who have made Edmonton their home.
We have come from many different places to make this beautiful country, this province and this city our home. As artists, we bring to our work the colours, textures, experiences, feelings and stories that were part of our past. This becomes infused with those things that are now our present. We enjoy learning from each other about our different countries or places of origin. This gives us a greater appreciation and understanding of the other.
We hope you enjoy the different styles and flavours that each of our artists display in this show.
- Fardos Aissa was born in Baghdad Iraq, and lived in Damascus Syria
- Irene Apon was born in Glasgow Scotland, lived in Toronto and Ethiopia
- Mitali Banerjee (Ph.D) was born and lived in India and USA
- Maria-Victoria Ilnytska was born and lived in Ukraine
- Vasudha Tiwari was born and lived in India where she received her Masters of Fine Art
Learn more about the Edmonton Multicultural Coalition here.